Beet - Detroit Mix (Organic) - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- Other Name(s): Detroit Dark Red
- Presoak: 4-8 hours in cold water
- Preferred Growing Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Seeding Rate per 10"x 20" tray: 1 oz
- Blackout Time: up to 5 days
- Germination Time: 3-4 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 11-21 days
- Microgreen Color: vibrant red and yellow stems with a bright green top
- Microgreen Flavor: sweet and earthy
- Microgreen Texture: crunchy, juicy
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, and protein
Grow beet microgreens seeds only in soil. Beet seeds are an abnormally shaped seed, which contributes to why its preferred medium is soil. Their root systems require a bit more room to explore and grab hold.
Prepare your soil in your tray by tamping it and making sure it is moist. After pre-soaking, sow your seeds and then cover with a thin layer of soil. This provides the ideal conditions for the seeds to germinate. After a while, the beets will start to poke through the the top layer—which also serves to de-shell the seed. Keep covered with the blackout dome for up to five days. After that, place under a grow light or in sunlight until mature! Cut close to the soil line to feature the red stem.
For more detailed instructions on growing, as well as some troubleshooting and tips, please visit our Soil Growing Directions page.
Beets have so many healthy qualities! There are so many benefits in these tiny, yet powerful plants. A few of these health benefits include:
- Powerful detoxifying and antioxidant properties
- Stress relief
Seeds per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 1,250 seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 5,000 seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 20,000 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 100,000 seeds