Sunflower - Black Oil (Conventional) - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Helianthus annuus
- Other Name(s):
- Presoak: 4 hours in cold water
- Preferred Growing Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Seeding Rate per 10"x 20" tray: 1 oz
- Blackout Time: 2-4 days
- Germination Time: 2-3 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 7-10 days
- Microgreen Color: green
- Microgreen Flavor: nutty
- Microgreen Texture: crunchy, fresh
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B complex, D, and E, amino acids, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and phosphorus
Sunflower microgreens are very easy to grow, but only in soil. Growing sunflower greens is very difficult hydroponically and we don't recommend it until you have run a few trials. Soak seeds in cold water for 4 hours and plant directly. Spread evenly and tamp very gently to insure contact with the soil. Mist only as needed. Cover until germination.
For more detailed instructions on growing, as well as some troubleshooting and tips, please visit our Soil Growing Directions page.
Sunflower microgreens are particularly high in zinc, which has all manner of benefits, including a boost to the immune system and digestive regularity.
Seeds per Package:
- 5 g - Approximately 100 seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 2,200 seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 8,950 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 45,000 seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 225,000 seeds