TrueLeafMarket.com - Guarantee, Returns & Refunds Policy
Our germination rates are the best standard of seed quality for our diverse customer base. We want you to be successful growing our seed. In order to achieve this, we regularly test our seeds for viability and germination. In addition, we have a dedicated compliance officer responsible for verifying that we comply with applicable seed laws. We are regularly inspected by multiple state and federal regulatory agencies and we have taken the Safe Seeds Pledge by the Council for Responsible Genetics (we are listed under our wholly owned Utah subsidiaries, Mountain Valley Seeds, and Living Whole Foods). We are also Omri and Organic Certified, and we are also inspected regularly by those agencies.
Many factors influence the performance of seed such as temperature, light, water, weather, storage and the skill of the grower that are out of the control of True Leaf Market. In other words, a grower can cause high-germination rate, viable seed to fail. Nevertheless, we guarantee all our seed for 30 days from the ship date and will accept returns on seeds for any reason for 30 days. If a portion of seed is returned, we will accept returns on a prorated basis. See below for details. We do not accept returns on seeds after 30 days from the ship date for any reason.
Non-Seed Products Guarantee
We guarantee all other non-seed products for 30 days from the ship date and accept returns on these items for 30 days from the ship date. We do not accept returns on any products we sell after 30 days from the ship date. For some non-seed products we sell, the warranty is provided by the manufacturer past 30 days. In such cases, we will assist in contacting the manufacturer for warranty support.
Gift Card Guarantee
All sales are final for gift cards.
We guarantee our seeds and non-seed products for 30 days from point of purchase. We do not accept returns of seeds or any other products for any reason after 30 days. Non-seed products must include all parts and original packaging to qualify for returns.
Please follow these steps to initiate a return:
- If your seed fails to germinate based on its unique requirements, or you are having issues with other products, please contact us immediately so we may be of assistance to you and attempt to resolve the issue without a return. We have experienced growers on staff that can help you with trouble shooting. We ask that you have the lot number that is on the seed label attached to your bag of seed on hand when you call.
- Contact our customer service department within 30 days for authorization for returns. We do not accept any returns unless they are authorized by our customer service team. You can contact customer service by phone during regular business hours, or by email. 866.948.4727 email@example.com
- Customer service will provide you with all the necessary instructions and details for returning products. Returns must be received by us within 2 weeks from the date of the return authorization. Returns received by us after 2 weeks are not subject to refund. As an example, if you contact us on the 29th day to authorize a return, your products are eligible for return, and you will have an additional 2 weeks to make sure we receive the product.
We offer two options for refunds. There are no exceptions.
- In-Store Credit Refunds – When you return authorized product and opt for in-store credit, we will give you 100% of the value of your returned product and we will pay for return shipping. Credit will be applied to your online account in the form of rewards points.
- Cash Refunds – When you return authorized product and opt for a cash refund, we deduct a 10% restocking fee, and you must arrange and pay for return shipping. Please allow up to 2 weeks from the time we receive your return for your instore credit or cash refund to be processed. We make every effort to provide the refund sooner but depending on circumstance can take up to two weeks. In the case of rewards points refunds, you should see those points in your account as soon as we process the refund. In the case of refunds to credit cards it may take several business days before you receive the refund posted back to your credit card account. It is our store policy to refund to the original method of payment. Please note that we do not pay return shipping on international orders.
All returns must have an RA Number provided by customer service printed clearly on the outside of the box.
All returns must be shipped to:
True Leaf Market
175 West 2700 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Please Note: All returns MUST BE AUTHORIZED and must follow the directions you receive from customer service with your authorization. Please do not ship returns to our warehouse without first obtaining a return authorization and instruction from customer service. Returns sent without prior authorization are not eligible for refunds.
All orders are cash unless other terms have been previously approved. If credit terms have been established, order will be invoiced as NET 30 from the date of invoice. A 2% monthly (24% annually) finance charge will be added to unpaid balance. A minimum service charge of $5.00 will be charged on all past due accounts. Purchaser agrees, in the event of default, to pay all collection costs incurred by seller, including court costs and attorney fees. The charge for a returned check is $25.00
Other Terms and Conditions
Please refer to our complete terms and conditions for wholesale seed sales or sales to professional growers.