Amaranth - Red Garnet - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Amaranthus tricolour
- Other Name(s):
- Presoak: No Soak
- Preferred Growing Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Seeding Rate per 10"x 20" tray: 1 oz
- Blackout Time: 2-4 days
- Germination Time: 2-3 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 8-12 days
- Microgreen Color: the most vibrant red and pink of any microgreen!
- Microgreen Flavor: mild, sweet flavor
- Microgreen Texture: crisp, fresh
- Nutrients: Vitamins K, E, and C, protein, calcium, iron, and beta-carotenes
Red Garnet Amaranth is a very small, delicate microgreen that prefers warmer growing conditions. Find a nice warm spot for germination and growing. It can also be sensitive to too much direct light. Red Garnet Amaranth does not grow tall, so expect very small greens that will need to be harvested close to the root line and rinsed well. These microgreens seeds do well grown hydroponically or in soil, but soil is a little more forgiving.
Red Garnet Amaranth contains a robust flavor, similar to mustard - but much less spicy. It can add depth to any dish that requires fresh greens--or in this case, reds! It's striking colors make it a great garnish or a lovely addition to any microgreen salad.
Seeds per Package:
- 4 g - Approximately 4,000 seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 37,500 seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 150,000 seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 600,000 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 3,750,000 seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 18,750,000 seeds