Growing Waltham 29 Broccoli Microgreens
- Latin Name: Brassica oleracea var. italica
- Presoak: No Soak
- Suitable Growth Medium: Hydroponic and Soil
- Germ time: 2-3 Days
- Harvest time: 8-12 Days
- Color:A thin white stem with shades of purple and a green top
- Flavor: a strong broccoli flavor
- Texture: Soft
- Nutrients: Vitamins A and C, calcium, iron, and phosphorus
Broccoli grows very fast and is one of the easiest microgreens to grow. It can be sown a little more thickly that other seeds. Keep in the dark with the black-out dome for 3 days and then flip the lid on day 4 & 5 to put a little stress on the emerging seedlings. This will strengthen the crop.
Broccoli colors up quickly and is greener than most other crops. It is a hardy and substantial microgreen that has a fresh, mild cabbage flavor. They are also favored for their health benefits, being a great source of sulforaphane. It is an excellent choice as a base for any micro greens salad.