Growing Celeriac Giant Prague Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucumis melo
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 120 days
- Hardiness Zone: 7+
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Plant Spacing: 6-8"
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Rich soil, pH level of 6 to 7
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full or Partial Sun
- Diseases/pests: Susceptible to slugs and snails
- Color: Dark green foliage, brown roots
- Flavor: Similar to celery
The Giant Prague Celeriac seeds can be grown in zones seven and warmer, and thrive in either full or partial sun. Seeds can be sown indoors, ten to twelve weeks before the last average frost, and hardened off before transplanting outside two weeks before the last frost. The Giant Prague Celeriac prefers rich soil with a pH level of 6 to 7. While growing, the roots will need consistent watering. By inspecting the crops while growing and removing any lateral shoots, you can ensure that the roots will remain smooth. After 120 days, the Giant Prague Celeriac will be ready to harvest.