Growing Celeriac Giant Prague Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Apium graveolens var. rapaceum
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 120 days
- Hardiness Zone: 7+
- Seed Planting Depth: 1"
- Plant Spacing: 6-8"
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Rich soil, pH level of 6 to 7
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full or Partial Sun
- Diseases/pests: Susceptible to slugs and snails
- Color: Dark green foliage, brown roots
- Flavor: Similar to celery
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g Packet - Approx 2000 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 60,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 240,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 960,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 4,800,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 24,000,000 Seeds
The Giant Prague Celeriac seeds can be grown in zones seven and warmer, and thrive in either full or partial sun. Seeds can be sown indoors, ten to twelve weeks before the last average frost, and hardened off before transplanting outside two weeks before the last frost. The Giant Prague Celeriac prefers rich soil with a pH level of 6 to 7. While growing, the roots will need consistent watering. By inspecting the crops while growing and removing any lateral shoots, you can ensure that the roots will remain smooth. After 120 days, the Giant Prague Celeriac will be ready to harvest.