Giant Noble Spinach Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Giant Noble Spinach Days to Maturity: 40-50 (leaves) 50+(seeds)
- Giant Noble Spinach Hardiness Zones: 3-10
- Giant Noble Spinach Planting Depth: ½-1”
- Giant Noble Spinach Plant Spacing: 6”
- Giant Noble Spinach Row Spacing: 18”
- Giant Noble Spinach Growth Habit: Upright/spread
- Soil Preference: Rich, moist and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Cooler to warm
- Light Preference: Full sun to partial shade
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, flea beetles and downy mildew
- Giant Noble Spinach Color: Large rich-green leaves, thick stem
- Giant Noble Spinach Flavor: Subtle sweetness, verdant and savory
Giant Noble Spinach Growing Habits
Non-GMO Giant Noble Spinach (Atriplex hortensis) plants grow 10-20” as annual heirlooms and hardy cool season vegetables. Leafy greens such as Giant Noble Spinach, produce into summer or early fall with vigorous growth, developing rich-green 25” leaves! Your spinach crop will reach ideal harvesting as soon as the leaves have reached 6-8”. The verdant and fast growth of this smooth leaf spinach will continue to spread in temperate conditions, as it won’t bolt as early. By late summer to early fall, your long-maturing spinach will begin to flower, go to seed and dry out as the leaves change to yellow.
Culinary Uses for Giant Noble Spinach Vegetable Seed
Giant Noble Spinach, also known as “Smooth Leaf Spinach” can be cooked similar to collard greens, to bring out its savory flavor. This large-leaf spinach heirloom is also a popular vegetable for canning. As a superfood, Giant Noble Spinach can provide you a meal that’s packed with vitamins, such as a verdant and subtly sweet spinach salad, with raspberry vinaigrette, walnuts and goat cheese.
Beverages for Giant Noble Spinach Vegetable Seed
The smooth leaves of Giant Noble Spinach make a popular green smoothie and breakfast option that’s packed with vitamins. Not only do leafy greens such as spinach provide folic acid, it also has magnesium and iron. Pair your blended green spinach drink with fruit such as strawberries or lemon for a cleanse.
Benefits of Growing Giant Spinach Vegetable Seed
As a hardy annual variety, this fast-maturing spinach will continue to grow in cool or temperate conditions, making it a longer lasting leafy summer green to harvest until early fall! As this savory and sweet spinach vigorously develops, the large rich-green leaves will keep growing until the first frost. Giant Noble Spinach crops are easy to manage and don’t bolt as early.
Giant Noble Spinach Garden Vegetable Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 2,500 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 10,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 40,000 Seeds
- 5 lbs - Approximately 200,000 Seeds