Growing Nan Ling Cutting Celery Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Apium graveolens
- Other Names: Chinese Celery, Cutting Celery, Leaf Celery, Kintsai
- Days to Maturity: 60-90 days
- Hardiness Zone: 2-10
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 12”
- Row Spacing: 1’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist
- Temp Preference: 70℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Bacterial blight, celery mosaic, aphis
- Color: Green
- Flavor: Pungent, peppery, stronger flavor than Western celery
Nan Ling Cutting Celery Growth Habits:
Nan Ling Cutting Celery grows 12-18” high in about 60-90 days. Stalks are thinner than Western celery and hollow on the inside. The cutting celery will produce more branches that contain more leaves. When this celery is allowed to grow flowers, they will be white. Celery thrives in full sun and moist soil.
Various Uses for Nan Link Cutting Celery:
Nan Ling Cutting Celery gives a stronger and more authentic flavor to Asian and Chinese dishes. Delicious in stir-fries, soups, and salads, Chinese celery has a robust celery flavor. Less crunchy than celery in American grocery stores, this variety melts into foods. The foliage is used as a tender herb.
Nan Ling Cutting Celery Benefits:
Celery is high in fiber and low in calories. This makes it a great diet snack. It makes you feel full due to the fiber content. Fiber also aids in digestion. High in flavinoids, celery is great as an anti-inflammatory food. Anti-inflammatory foods help with autoimmune disorders. In the garden, Nan Ling Cutting Celery wards off cabbage fly.
Common variety found in Asian cooking.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds