Deluxe Tofu Kit with Large Durable Wood PressIncludes both Yellow & Black Soybeans
Everything you need to get started making your own yellow and black tofu from scratch! If you have a soymilk maker you can utilize it for the soymilk making portion of the tofu process, however this tofu kit stands on its own, and does not require a soymilk machine. It guides you through each step of the tofu making process from soaking beans to pressing the tofu. All you need to provide is some cooking gear, strainer, blender and lemon juice for a coagulant. Making your own tofu is easy, fun, healthy and delicious. Fresh tofu has an amazing texture and freshness, and is nothing like rubbery, store bought tofu. You can make fresh tofu from organic soybeans in your own home for pennies per serving.
- Wooden tofu mold / press - 7.5" x 5.5" x 4" high.
- Reusable cheesecloth - 20" x 14"
- 5 Lbs organic yellow dried soybeans in a re-sealable can (over 11 cups)
- 2.5 Lbs of organic dried black soybeans in a re-sealable mylar bag (over 5 cups)
- Easy-to-follow instruction card
- Make both yellow and black soybean tofu
- Fun & easy
- Easy to follow instructions (discusses several techniques)
- Fresh tofu is delicious and nutritious
- Experiment with different pressing durations, beans, techniques and coagulants
- Recipe makes 1 1/4 pound of tofu per batch.
- Double the recipe for 2.5 lbs of tofu!
- The sturdy, reusable wood tofu mold can almost handle a triple batch!
- Enough yellow soybeans to make over 5 lbs of tofu (depending on firmness)
- Enough black soybeans for over 2.5 lbs of tofu (again depending on firmness)
- A vital addition to food storage to convert dried, stored soybeans to high protein food
- Instructions to make regular soy milk included
This kit does not come with a tofu coagulant to help keep the price of the kit low for you. The detailed step-by-step instructions recommend using lemon juice as a coagulant (it works wonderfully!) because it is available everywhere, cheap and plentiful. The instructions also discuss alternative coagulants like food grade Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) and vinegar which are of course available in regular grocery stores. If you are looking for traditional coagulants, we offer: Chinese gypsum and Japanese Nigari.