Tofu Kit with Medium Plastic Mold / Press
This kit is identical to our basic tofu kit except that it has a smaller (and less expensive) plastic tofu mold instead of the more traditional cypress wood mold. The plastic mold is extremely durable and is dishwasher safe. This kit is everything you need to start making your own tofu at home. If you have a soy milk maker you can certainly use it to produce soy milk, however this tofu kit stands on its own, and does not require a soy milk machine. It will walk you through every step of making tofu from soaking the beans to pressing the tofu, and everything in between. All you need to provide is some pots and bowls, a wire mesh strainer, blender and lemon juice to use as a coagulant. Making tofu is fun, easy, healthy and delicious. Fresh tofu has an incredible texture and freshness, and is nothing like rubbery, commercial tofu. You can make fresh tofu from organic soybeans at home literally for pennies per pound.
- Plastic Tofu Mold / Press- Measures 5"x 4" by 3" deep
- Reusable cheesecloth
- 5 Lbs organic yellow dried soybeans in a re-sealable can (over 11 cups)
- Step by step instructions (2 sided, easy to follow)
- Fun & Easy
- Fresh tofu is delicious and healthy
- Easy to follow instructions (discusses several techniques)
- Experiment with different coagulants, techniques and pressing durations
- Recipe makes 1 1/4 pound of tofu per batch.
- Double the recipe for 2.5 lbs of tofu!
- The plastic tofu mold can almost accommodate a double batch.
- Enough soybeans to make over 5 pounds of tofu (weight varies by firmness)
- A smart addition to emergency food storage - convert dried, stored soybeans to high protein food
- Instructions to make regular soymilk included
This kit does not include tofu coagulant to help keep your price low. The detailed instructions / recipe call for lemon juice as a coagulant (it works as well as any other option!) because it is cheap, plentiful and available everywhere. The instructions also cover alternative coagulants like vinegar and food grade epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) which can be found at any grocery store. If you are looking for traditional coagulants, we offer those: Chinese gypsum and Japanese Nigari.