The Deluxe Microgreens Growing Kit
Some seed substitutions may apply. This collection may have up to 2 seed substitutions, typically of a very similar variety to the one listed. This is due to a combination of seasonal demand and other factors that affect seed availability. Please refer to this article for more information.
The deluxe microgreens kit includes supplies and instructions to grow microgreens both hydroponically and in soil. Some seeds are easier to grow hydroponically (broccoli, cabbage, kohlrabi, kale, mustard, etc…) while other seeds will do much better in soil (sunflower, pea, cilantro, etc…). This microgreens kit includes everything you need to get started with both approaches. It allows you to enjoy the broadest selection of flavors and colors. You will be harvesting your own delicious and nutritious microgreens in ten days. Your family and friends will enjoy this colorful, healthy and delicious new live food alternative.
Microgreens can be grown (both the soil based and hydroponic approaches) on any kitchen countertop, indoors or out.
Each Deluxe Microgreens Kit Includes:
- 10 - 20”x10” Growing Trays – These re-usable trays double as both growing tray and black-out dome. Our growing approach doesn’t require drain holes in the trays, so no water concerns for countertop gardening. Enough trays to run 5 crops at once. You can easily section your trays and run multiple varieties at once.
- 10 – 20”x10” Hydroponic Grow Pads – These pads fit perfectly in the growing trays and are the best way we have found to grow microgreens. Enough to grow 10 trays worth of microgreens. Extra grow pads are available.
- 2 - Enough Minute Soil for 5 Plantings - Compostable.
- pH Test Strip Kit – Microgreens are sensitive to the pH of your water. This pH Testing Kit will easily walk you through the process of testing the pH of your water, and adjusting it (if necessary) using household products like lemon juice.
- Spray Bottle – For the first 4 days, your germinating microgreens should be misted. This spray bottle is the perfect tool.
Assortment of Hydroponic Microgreens Seeds – Enough microgreens seeds in reseal bags up to two dozen plantings!
- Basic Salad Mix – 8 Oz. (two 4 Oz. Bags) – The perfect blend of microgreens seeds: Broccoli, Kale, Purple Vienna Kohlrabi, Arugula, Red Acre Cabbage & Cauliflower.
- Spicy Sprouting Mix – 4 Oz. Bag – Same as the basic salad mix, but with some added southern giant mustard for additional color and spice.
- Purple Radish – 4 Oz. Bag – Sharp tasting and a stunning, deep purple in color. A great addition to any microgreen salad. Add to traditional salads instead of sliced radish for an exciting change.
- Red Acre Cabbage – 4 Oz. Bag – One of our favorites. Great tasting, colorful and easy to grow.
- Arugula – 4oz Another favorite for its color, taste and reliability.
- Mustard – 4oz A very easy to grow crop with a mild, fresh taste.
- Basil – 4oz Micro basil is perfect in salads, Italian sauces, in pesto and anywhere you would use regular basil.
Assortment of Soil Based Microgreens Seeds – Enough microgreens seeds in reseal bags for 8 trays of greens!
- Sunflower – 3 pre-measured 1 lb. bags – Our all-time favorite microgreen. Crunchy, nutty and a perfect base for any microgreens salad.
- Buckwheat – 16 Oz. Bag – A tangy, exciting new taste. Excellent when mixed with sunflower.
- Dun Pea – 16 Oz. Bag – Another of our favorites! Fresh, sweet and crunchy.
- Cilantro – 4 Oz. Bag – Fresh cilantro for salads, seasonings and salsa. Imagine never paying grocery store prices for fresh cilantro again.
- Detroit Red Beet – 4 Oz. Bag - Another soil-loving microgreen. One of the most colorful microgreens you can find. A great choice as a garnish and to enliven any microgreens salad.
- Growing Instructions – Our basic illustrated growing instructions are meant to help you get started and are intended to be used in conjunction with information found on the website.
TIP: Our favorite microgreen, sunflower (a soil based crop), is crunchy and delicious and makes an outstanding base for any microgreens salad. Experiment with adding other microgreens to sunflower for amazing salad unlike any you have ever tasted.
Note: some seed substitutions may apply based on seasonal availability