Marshmallow Herb Seeds
Marsh Mallow is a cold-hardy perennial that prefers a moist environment as its natural habitat is open spaces near waterways. The original marshmallow was made using the root and sugar, far from the modern-day confection. All parts of this plant contain soothing mucilage, which has many medicinal uses.
Days to Maturity: Perennial
Hardiness Zone: 5-8
Planting Depth: 1/4"
Plant Spacing: 12”
Growth Habit: Upright
Soil Preference: Loamy, moist soil
Temp Preference: Warm
Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
Color: Green with pale pink flowers
Flavor: Honey and sweet mint
Sowing and Growing
Sow seeds directly in the fall as stratification will aid germination, or start artificially stratified seed inside. Germination will take between 2 to 3 weeks. Marshmallow grows up to 3 to 4 feet tall and light pink flowers appear up and down the stalk in mid to late summer. This herb likes to be grown in full sun, but it can stand partial shade and thrives in cooler regions.
Marsh Mallow is known for its medicinal benefits which include soothing the gastrointestinal tract and the throat. It also has culinary uses. Leaves and flowers can be harvested anytime during the growing season. Dig roots in the spring or fall. All parts can be dried for winter use.
- Marshmallow Herb Garden Seeds - 0.25 Oz - Althaea officinalis
- Non-GMO - Heirloom - Open Pollinated - High Germination Rate
- Seeds For: Herb Gardening
- Mountain Valley Seed Company Brand - Premium Quality Seeds
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g - Approximately 300 Seeds
- 1/4 oz - Approximately 2,100 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 8,400 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 33,600 Seeds