Growing Small & Large Mix Gourds Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 90-120 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-12
- Planting Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 5'
- Row Spacing: 8'
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Well-drained soil with a pH between 6 and 7.
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests: Susceptible to rot and mildew
- Color:Green, white, and yellow
Seeds Per Package:
- 2 g - Approximately 60 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 850 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 3,400 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 13,600 Seeds
Gourd seeds can be sown directly outdoors by planting one inch deep with five feet between plants and eight feet between rows. While growing, be sure not to overwater, as doing so can cause rot and mildew to spread throughout the vine. When the Gourds are ready to be harvested, the stems will turn yellow and can be cut off the vine.