Growing Large and Small Gourd Mix Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Days to Maturity: 90-120 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-12
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 60”
- Row Spacing: 8’
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Well-drained soil with a pH between 6 and 7
- Temp Preference: 70℉
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Pests/diseases: Susceptible to rot and mildew
- Color: Green, white, and yellow
Gourd seeds can be sown directly outdoors by planting one inch deep with five feet between plants and eight feet between rows. While growing, be sure not to overwater, as doing so can cause rot and mildew to spread throughout the vine. When the Gourds are ready to be harvested, the stems will turn yellow and can be cut off the vine.
The mix of large and small gourds is perfect for the decorator who can’t seem to get enough of gourds. Fall displays will look better with some variety and differences in texture. So a mix like the large and small gourd mix is perfect for fall displays.
Large and Small Gourd Mix Benefits:
When you are decorating it is important to mix things up in the garden. You don’t want too many of one type of gourd. This gourd mix is perfect. You will no longer have to buy different varieties in the fall to get the perfect look. It will all come from your garden.
A non-GMO mix of small and large gourds
Seeds Per Package:
- 2 g - Approximately 60 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 850 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 3,400 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 13,600 Seeds