Growing Turks Turban Gourd Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita maixima
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 100 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-12
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 72”
- Row Spacing: 8’
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Well-drained soil with a pH between 6 and 7
- Temp Preference: 65-85 ℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Susceptible to rot and mildew
- Color: Orange
Turks Turban Gourd Growth Habits:
Turk's Turban Gourd seeds can be sown indoors three weeks before the last frost and transplanted after three weeks. When it comes time to transplant outside, harden off the plants for four to seven days. While growing, be sure not to overwater, as doing so can cause rot and mildew to spread throughout the vine. When the gourds are ready to be harvested, the stems will turn yellow and cut off the vine.
Various Uses for Turks Turban Gourd:
Turks Turban Gourd can be used for decoration or eating. So it is a very versatile option for the entertainer and gardener. Arrange this gourd on a table with other gourds and pumpkins, and add a pot of mums alongside your arrangement. When you are done using this as decoration, simply roast the gourd.
Turks Turban Gourd Benefits:
Turks Turban Gourd is a perfect companion in the garden. It provides benefits to other plants that you are already growing in the home garden.Grow alongside corn, pole beans, and sunflowers.
Gourd can be used for decoration or eating.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds