Growing Non-GMO Organic Crimson Clover Sprouting Seeds
- Difficulty: Easy
- Recommended Seeding: 1.5 tbsp per quart jar, sprouting tray, or sprout bag
- Initial Soak Time: 4-6 hours
- Rinse Frequency: 2-3 times per day
- Days to Harvest: 4-6 days
- Flavor: Soft, light, mild, and crisp (similar to alfalfa)
- Nutrients: Protein, Fiber, Iron, Calcium, Folate, Vitamin C
- Calories: About 25 calories per 1 cup serving
About Organic Crimson Clover Sprout Seeds
Using either a seed sprouting jar, sprouting tray, or hemp sprout bag, add about 1.5 tbsp crimson clover sprout seeds to your container and allow seeds to initially soak for 4-6 hours. After initial soaking, continue to rinse crimson clover sprouting seeds 2-3x per day and immediately drain, not allowing water to sit and soak. Rinse seeds 2-3x per day for 4-6 days, keeping organic clover sprouts fresh, crunchy, and hydrated without waterlogging. Non-GMO crimson clover sprouts are quick to harvest in just 4-6 days, ready for fresh use with a soft, light, mild, and crisp bite (similar to alfalfa) and only about 25 calories per cup. Tasting, looking, and sprouting very similar to alfalfa sprouts, crimson clover sprouts have become one of the most popular varieties for its mild, agreeable, and very universal flavor.
More Than A Sprouting Seed
Trifolium incarnatum, or more commonly known as crimson clover or Italian clover, is a visually stunning garden crop that has recently entered its renaissance as both a delicious hydroponic sprouting seed as well as restorative winter cover crop. Non-GMO organic crimson clover seeds are a quickly maturing cover crop traditionally planted in the fall and tilled back into the soil for spring nutrients, but can be sown nearly any time of year as a nitrogen-rich companion plant. Like other open-pollinated cover crops, one of the major advantages to heirloom clover is that it grows immediately in the spring and will not get heavy and bogged in spring moisture. And, like many other cover crops, non-GMO organic crimson clover is known to replenish tired soils of their depleted nitrogen and nutrients, while improving soil tilth, structure, waterflow, and weed suppression.
For more about sprouting, check out our Seed Sprouting FAQ, from customers just like you!
Wholesale Non-GMO Organic Crimson Clover Sprouting Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 5,200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 20,800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approximately 83,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 416,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 2,080,000 Seeds
Non-GMO organic crimson clover sprouting seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.