Growing Non-GMO Organic Green Pea Sprouting Seeds
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Recommended Seeding: ¼ cup per quart jar, sprouting tray, or sprout bag
- Initial Soak Time: 4-6 hours
- Rinse Frequency: 2-3 times per day
- Days to Harvest: 2-4 days
- Nutrients: Calcium, Fiber, Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamins A, C
- Calories: About 40 calories per 1 cup serving
- Flavor: Like other legumes, green pea has a mild, nutty, and slightly sweet profile with a similar fresh crunch and texture to larger sprouting seeds like garbanzo and mung. Exterior seed shell softens and becomes translucent and chewable during sprouting.
About Organic Green Pea Sprout Seeds
Using either a seed sprouting jar, sprouting tray, or hemp sprout bag, add about ¼ cup organic green pea sprout seeds to your container and allow seeds an initial soaking for 4-6 hours. After initial soak, continue to rinse green pea sprouting seeds 2-3x per day and immediately drain, not allowing water to sit and soak. Rinse seeds 2-3x per day for 4-6 days, keeping organic green pea sprouts fresh, crunchy, and hydrated without waterlogging. Non-GMO green pea sprouts are quick to harvest in just 2-4 days, ready for fresh use with a crunchy, fresh, and brightly sweet and only about 40 calories per cup. Pairing wonderfully with adzuki, garbanzo, and mung bean, organic green pea is a great source of raw, organic protein and featured as part of the Protein Power House Mix.
More Than A Sprouting Seed
Pisum sativum is rich in protein-fortifying amino acids and carbohydrates and, even just a half cup serving, provides nearly 50% of daily recommended values of several essential vitamins. Green pea is widely accepted as one of the earliest domesticated crops, but mostly cultivated for livestock fodder only until 2,000 years ago. Today, green pea is a commercially successful garden cultivar of pea grown for human consumption rather than cattle while also a choice cover crop to aid in replenishing nitrogen, soil tilth, erosion control, and repelling certain soil-borne pathogens. Try organic green pea sprouting seeds as a nutritious part of our Organic Protein Powerhouse Mix.
For more on sprouting, check out our Seed Sprouting FAQ, from customers just like you!
Wholesale Non-GMO Organic Green Pea Sprouting Seeds Per Package:
- 8 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 1,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approximately 2,000 Seeds
- 2.5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 5,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 10,000 Seeds
- 35 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 70,000 Seeds
Non-GMO organic green pea sprouting seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.