Growing Non-GMO Organic Alfalfa Sprouting Seeds
- Difficulty: Easy
- Recommended Seeding: 1.5 tbsp per quart jar, sprouting tray, or sprout bag
- Initial Soak Time: 4-6 hours
- Rinse Frequency: 2-3 times per day
- Days to Harvest: 5-6 days
- Nutrients: Calcium, Fiber, Protein, Potassium, Phosphorus, Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids, Vitamins A, C, K, Folic Acid
- Calories: About 8 calories per 1 cup serving
- Flavor: Flavors similar to wheatgrass, alfalfa is one of the sweetest and mildest varieties of sprouting seeds. To keep sprouts white and less earthy, minimize sun exposure during sprouting to not allow the development of chlorophyll causing sprouts to green like wheatgrass. Exterior seed shell softens and becomes chewable during sprouting.
About Organic Alfalfa Sprout Seeds
Whether using a seed sprouting jar, sprouting tray, or sprout bag, add about 1.5 tbsp seeds to your container and allow seeds to soak initially for 4-6 hours. After the initial soaking, rinse alfalfa sprouting seeds 2-3x per day and allow to immediately drain, not allowing to sit and soak again. Continue to rinse sprout seeds 2-3x per day for 5-6 days, keeping organic alfalfa sprouts fresh and hydrated without waterlogging. Non-GMO alfalfa sprouts will be ready to harvest in about 5-6 days, ready for fresh use with a pleasant sweetly mild crunch and only about 8 calories per cup. Non-GMO organic alfalfa sprouts are an ideal supplement to weight loss diets, since it is low in calories and sugar, yet dense in essential nutrients, including fiber which is proven useful in craving and appetite suppression.
More Than A Sprouting Seed
Medicago sativa, or more commonly known as alfalfa, is an ancient legume and one of the most diverse crops ever domesticated. First believed to have been cultivated in Iran thousands of years ago, alfalfa seeds have been traditionally sown exclusively as a foraging crop for livestock feed and fodder. Only recently though has non-GMO organic alfalfa been celebrated as a beneficial cover crop legume, grown among commercial farms and home gardens for its ability to replenish depleted soils with atmospheric nitrogen, then tilled back into the soil as an all-natural and organic "green manure" garden mulch. And even more recently has the alfalfa seed been elevated for worldwide human consumption. It may have taken millennia, but organic alfalfa seeds have worked their way out of the farm and field and into many international gourmet delicacies.
For more on sprouting, check out our Seed Sprouting FAQ, from customers just like you!
Wholesale Non-GMO Organic Alfalfa Sprouting Seeds Per Package:
- 4 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 50,000 Seeds
- 8 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 16 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 200,000 Seeds
- 2.5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 500,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 1,000,000 Seeds
- 35 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 7,000,000 Seeds
Non-GMO organic alfalfa sprouting seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.