Indoor Herb Gardening Starter Guide
Why grow my own herbs?
Storing and drying herbs
Herb gardening gift ideas
Fresh Herbs All Year Long
Love to cook with fresh herbs? We do too, but sometimes fresh herbs are expensive and hard to find. The solution is simple… grow your own! A permanent, year round crop of fresh herbs is fun to grow, delicious and doesn’t take much space indoors to grow. Compared to the cost of fresh herbs at the grocery store… growing you own is a no-brainer.
While most herbs are easy to grow, there are a few herbs that are much easier to grow if you know what you are doing. Our line of herb garden starter kits has taken all the guess work out of getting started growing your own amazing herb garden outdoors during the growing season, or indoors all year long:
Growing Culinary Herbs – Grow Parsley, Thyme, Sweet Marjoram, Chives, Savory, Dill, Oregano, Garlic Chives, Mustard, Sage, Cilantro/Coriander & Lemon Basil. Choose from 4 culinary herb garden starter kits:
- Culinary Herb Garden Starter Kit: Our top reviewed, flagship kit, we have sold tens of thousands of these kits over the years.
- Barnwood Herb Garden Kit: A smaller kit in a rustic reclaimed barnwood planter.
- Culinary Kit with Mini Garden Stacker Planter: Starter kit with smaller hangable, stackable garden planter. Everything you need for an all year indoor herb garden.
- Culinary Kit with Stack & Grow Garden Planter: The culinary herb kit with a larger stackable garden planter. The ultimate indoor / outdoor herb garden.
Growing Medicinal Herbs – Grow Echinacea, Milk Thistle, Cayenne, Lemon Bergamot, Peppermint, Yarrow, Burdock, Fever Few, Lemon Balm, German Chamomile, St. Johnswort & Valerian. 3 Choices of Medicinal herb garden starter kits:
- Medicinal Herb Garden Starter Kit: Our popular medicinal herb garden starter kit. Transplant to your own garden or planter.
- Medicinal Kit with Mini Garden Stacker Planter: Starter kit with smaller hangable, stackable garden planter. Everything you need for an all year indoor medicinal herb garden.
- Medicinal Herb Kit with Stack & Grow Garden Planter: The Medicinal herb kit with a larger stackable garden planter. The ultimate indoor / outdoor healing herb garden.
Growing Herbal Tea Herbs – Seeds: Lavender, Lemon Grass, Marigold, Peppermint, German Chamomile, Lemon Bergamot, Angelica, Anise, Fever Few, Lemon Balm, Catnip & Rosemary. 3 Choices of Medicinal herb garden starter kits:
- Herbal Tea Herb Garden Starter Kit: Our popular tea herb garden starter kit. Transplant to your own garden or planter.
- Herbal Tea Medicinal Kit with Mini Garden Stacker Planter: Starter kit with smaller hangable, stackable garden planter. Everything you need for an all year indoor herbal tea garden.
- Herbal Tea Kit with Stack & Grow Garden Planter: The herbal tea herb kit with a larger stackable garden planter. The ultimate indoor / outdoor natural tea herb garden.
If you love to cook, this is a great way to grow your own fresh herbs: Culinary Herb Garden Kit.
Try the Medicinal Herb Garden for the ultimate healing herbs: Medicinal Herb Kit.
If you are looking for just the planters, be sure to check out our selection of innovative indoor / outdoor herb garden planters.
- Spiritual Strength – Sometimes in our modern society it’s easy become disconnected from our food sources. You can easily reconnect in spring by growing your own vegetable garden, but growing your own herbs indoors, all year long, is a great way to maintain that indefinable, spiritual connection to your world by growing at least a little bit of your own food.
- Fun Hobby – While some herbs are easy to grow, some are a little more challenging, making indoor herb gardening hobby with just enough challenge to make it interesting without being frustrating.
- Beautify Your Home – Herbs are gorgeous plants that have one major benefit over standard house plants… you can pick them and use them, whether it’s culinary herbs for cooking, medicinal herbs for healing, or herbs for teas, an indoor herb garden is beautiful, different and useful. Prepare to get lots of comments and questions from your house guests. It takes very little space and can even be done on a kitchen countertop or windowsill.
Once you start growing herbs, you’ll find that most herbs will grow quickly and you’ll have more than you thought. The next logical step is harvesting and drying your herbs to make your own all natural spice rack! The process of drying herbs usually intensifies the flavor of herbs, and dry herbs have a fantastic shelf life. When you compare your own dried herbs to the cost of herbs and spices at the supermarket, it’s an attractive approach. You can hang dry your herbs in a dry place in your home, or you can look at an electric or solar food dehydrator.
- Hanging Food Pantrie – And innovative, expensive non-electric food dryer. Perfect for drying your herbs, fruits and vegetables. A solar dehydrator is a common sense addition to your emergency food storage supply.
- Electric Food Dehydrators - Check our selection of electric food dehydrators with a variety of sizes and options.
Our line of herb garden kits are amazingly popular as gifts. We sell many thousands every Christmas season, and Mother’s day. They make unique gift for any occasion.