Avon Hybrid Spinach Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Avon Spinach Days to Maturity: 20+(young leaves) 30-45+(mature)
- Avon Hybrid Spinach Hardiness Zones: 8-11
- Avon Hybrid Spinach Planting Depth: ½-1”
- Avon Hybrid Spinach Plant Spacing: 2-3”
- Avon Hybrid Spinach Row Spacing: 12-18”
- Avon Hybrid Spinach Growth Habit: Upright/bush
- Soil Preference: Rich, moist and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Cooler to warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, flea beetles and downy mildew
- Avon Hybrid Spinach Color: Fresh forest-green crimped leaves
- Avon Hybrid Spinach Flavor: Crisp, savory, rich, subtly sweet
Avon Hybrid Spinach Growing Habits
Non-GMO Avon Hybrid Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) plants grow as smaller compact bushes, reaching only 8” tall. Rich leafy greens such as Avon Hybrid Spinach, produce crimped leaves into early summer or fall with fast-growth, forest-green color and crisp texture. Your spinach crop will be ready as early as 20 days with younger baby greens. Your mature hybrid spinach leaves will continue to grow well in cooler to warm conditions, as Avon Spinach plants provide diverse cooking options and can develop successfully in spring. Once the temperature rises above warm or drops to freezing, harvest your savoy-type spinach once more, before it goes to seed.
Culinary Uses for Avon Hybrid Spinach Vegetable Seed
Avon Hybrid Spinach, also known as “Curly Leaf Spinach” can be cooked by sauteing the annual leaves with garlic, butter and seasoning, to bring out its savory flavor. With its fresh crimped leaves, This large-leaf variety is also similar to kale and makes a perfect fresh addition to a beet and goat cheese salad. This hybrid cool season spinach is also a crispy ingredient to bake as a frittata and provides a subtly sweet taste to rich dishes such as stir-fries.
Health Benefits for Avon Hybrid Spinach Vegetable Seed
Also, known as the “Persian Vegetable” Avon Hybrid Spinach is full of nutrition and essential vitamins that help with weight loss and maintaining fitness. With high fibre content and low calories, spinach in general is a perfect option for training your body to make healthier choices for your diet.
Benefits of Growing Avon Hybrid Spinach Vegetable Seed
As a fast-growing annual variety, this fresh hybrid spinach will continue to grow in cool or temperate conditions, making it a longer lasting leafy summer green to harvest into fall! As this savory and sweet spinach develops, the forest-green leaves will keep growing until conditions drop to freezing or rise above warm. This fact makes Avon Hybrid Spinach plants a perfect savoy-type plant successfully in your spring vegetable garden! Curly Leaf Spinach varieties also provide baby greens early in the season as they continue to mature.
Avon Hybrid Spinach Garden Vegetable Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately Seeds