Viroflay Spinach Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Viroflay Days to Maturity: 20+(baby leaves) 40+(mature leaves)
- Viroflay Spinach Hardiness Zones: 3-12
- Viroflay Spinach Planting Depth: ½-1”
- Viroflay Spinach Plant Spacing: 4-6”
- Viroflay Spinach Row Spacing: 1’
- Viroflay Spinach Growth Habit: Upright/bush
- Soil Preference: Moderately rich, moist and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Cooler to warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, slugs and white rust
- Viroflay Spinach Color: Large rich-green semi-savoy leaves
- Viroflay Spinach Flavor: Crisp, tender, fresh, sweeter
Viroflay Spinach Growing Habits
Non-GMO French heirloom Viroflay Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) plants grow as upright compact bushes, reaching 24” tall and developing rich-green large leaves. Semi-savoyed spinach types such as Viroflay Spinach, grow tender 10” long leaves into summer or fall with fast and abundant-growth. This crisp and sweet spinach variety can mature in heat better than others and produces less oxalic acid. Hardy leafy greens such as Viroflay Spinach continue to provide in cool to warm conditions— giving your summer or fall garden a fresh aroma. Your mature spinach leaves will be ready for an earlier harvest. If left to stand, your plants will send up flowers as tall stalks.
Culinary Uses for Viroflay Spinach Vegetable Seed
Viroflay Spinach has tender and large leaves that provide diverse cooking options. This semi-savoyed spinach can be eaten fresh as a crisp addition to a blended green salad or cooked with chicken on the side. Use the baby green leaves to make a refreshing green drink. You can also bring out the sweeter flavor of this spinach variety by making an arugula salad with a fruit dressing. The mature leaves can also be used to make a rich vegetable omelette.
Medicinal Benefits of Viroflay Spinach Vegetable Seed
Spinach is full of essential vitamins and high fibre content. Juicing your heirloom spinach leaves will provide you with antioxidants. You can drink in moderate amounts as an herbal remedy or body cleanse. Fresh spinach leaves have been eaten raw or cooked in order to receive its natural properties that aid digestion, help fatigue and boost memory and overall brain health. As Viroflay Spinach plants provide abundant nutrition, this leafy green has also been made into medicine to help treat illness.
Diverse Growing Options for Viroflay Spinach Vegetable Seed
As an abundant, leafy green annual with compact growth, many different kinds of gardeners can successfully plant Viroflay Spinach! As a home gardener, this vegetable is ideal to grow in any space. As a gardener in the city with a smaller space, it’s growth develops upright and is hardy enough to sow in either a plastic container or clay pot. Noted as one of the fastest-growing spinach types, Viroflay can be harvested in the fall or planted around October in warmer regions. “Monster Spinach” is a French heirloom that can become a fall crop you enjoy around Halloween season!
Viroflay Spinach Garden Vegetable Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 2,500 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 10,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 40,000 Seeds