Organic Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Days to Maturity: 40-48+(leaves)
- Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Hardiness Zones: 3-9
- Organic Spinach Planting Depth: ½-1”
- Organic Long Standing Spinach Plant Spacing: 5-6”
- Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Row Spacing: 12-18”
- Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Growth Habit: Semi-upright/bush
- Soil Preference: Moderately rich, moist and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Cool to warm
- Light Preference: Full sun to partial shade
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, flea beetles and downy mildew
- Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Color: Broad, dark-green savoy leaves
- Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Flavor: Crisp, tender, savory, bright
Organic Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach Growing Habits
Non-GMO Organic Bloomsdale Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) are semi-upright bushes, reaching only 8” tall, developing broad leaves with thick stems. Savoy-types such as Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach, grow heavily-savoyed dark-green leaves into summer with fast-growth and crisp texture. Bloomsdale Spinach can mature in heat better than other leafy green varieties. These hardy plants continue to grow in cool or warm conditions—providing your summer garden with a bright aroma. Once harvesting ends, white and green flowers can appear in bundles, growing as stalks if left to stand. After the leaves dry, Organic Bloomsdale Spinach produces smooth heirloom seeds.
Culinary Uses for Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Vegetable Seed
Organic Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach has tender leaves that make great additions to salads or as a bright garnish to soups. This broad-leaf spinach is a popular option to also bake with. The savory flavor makes this variety great for cooking Greek spinach pies called spanakopita. The mature savoy leaves of Organic Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach develop a crisp texture that can be sauteed as its own leafy green dish.
Health Benefits of Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Vegetable Seed
Spinach is full of essential vitamins such as magnesium, iron and high fibre content. As it’s also low calories, organic savoy-type spinach is a perfect option for blending into green drinks. Juicing your heirloom spinach leaves will provide you with antioxidants and a fresh detox, while helping with inflammation, brain health and boosting your overall immune system! Organic spinach green drinks shouldn’t be used as a meal replacement, but rather can be included throughout your day or paired with fruit or oatmeal for a bright summer breakfast.
Non-Culinary Uses of Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Vegetable Seed
As an annual, this heavily-savoyed spinach will grow in cool or warm conditions, making it hardy enough to plant in spring or harvest into fall! Aside from cooking, Organic Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach is also planted as a perfect companion to other crops such as lettuce, eggplant, tomatoes and strawberries. Not only will organic spinach help repel insects, it boosts the flavor and development of other fruits and vegetables! Along with the bright aroma and fast-growth, Organic Bloomsdale Spinach can be used as an herbal remedy to aid skin burns.
Organic Bloomsdale Spinach Garden Vegetable Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 2,500 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 10,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 40,000 Seeds