Hydroponic Sectional Microgreens Starter Kit
This microgreens starter kit includes everything you need to start growing your own microgreens on your kitchen countertop, hydroponically. This sectional kit allows you to grow up to eight different crops simultaneously in a single 10"x20" tray. It's the perfect kit for those looking for smaller quantities and wider variety.
This kit is a hydroponic kit, which is soil free and minimal mess. Microgreens can be grown on any kitchen countertop, indoors or out. The seeds in this kit can also be grown in soil, but all the seeds chosen for this kit do very well hydroponically. Looking to grow more? See our Standard Hydroponic Microgreens Kit, and our Soil Based Microgreens Kit.
Each Sectional Hydroponic Microgreens Kit Includes:
- 2 - 20”x10” Drip Trays – These re-usable trays double as both the drip tray and a blackout humidity dome. Nest up to eight 5"x5" tray inserts inside the drip tray. These trays are sturdy and can be re-used over and over. Wash between uses.
- 48 - 5"x5" Tray Inserts - These small tray inserts are designed to be nested in the 10"x20" drip trays. These inserts are made to accommodate 4"x4" micro-mat grow pads perfectly. These tray inserts have drain holes and are made to be disposable, but with care, can be re-used.
- 48 – 4”x4” Micro-Mat Hydroponic Grow Pads – These micro-mats are designed to fit 5"x5" tray inserts. The pads expand to fit the base of the trays perfectly. Extra grow pads are available.
- pH Test Strip Kit – Microgreens are sensitive to the pH of your water. This pH Testing Kit will easily walk you through the process of testing the pH of your water, and adjusting it (if necessary) using household vinegar or baking soda.
- Spray Bottle – For the first 4 days, your germinating microgreens should be misted. This spray bottle is the perfect tool.
Assortment of Microgreens Seeds – Enough microgreens seeds in resealable pouches for several plantings!
- Basic Salad Mix – 1 Oz – The perfect blend of microgreens seeds: Broccoli, Kale, Purple Vienna Kohlrabi, Arugula, Red Acre Cabbage & Cauliflower.
- Spicy Salad Mix – 1 Oz – Same as the basic salad mix, but with some added southern giant mustard for additional color and spice.
- Sango Radish – 1 Oz – Sharp tasting and a stunning, deep purple in color. A great addition to any microgreen salad. Add to traditional salads instead of sliced radish for an exciting change.
- Red Streak Mizuna Mustard – 1 Oz – A flavorful japanese mustard with amazing reddish purple highlights.
- Genovese Basil - A beautiful looking that doesn't grow tall, but offers intense basil flavor.
- Sunflower - 8 Oz - One of our favorites. Crunchy, substantial greens with a nutty flavor. Use about 2 heaping table spoons of seeds per 5"x5" tray, and pre-soak for 4 to 8 hours before sowing.
- Pak Choi - 1 Oz - An easy to grow crop with a mildly sweet flavor.
- Broccoli - 1 Oz - Super healthy and fast and easy to grow.
- Growing Instructions - Our basic illustrated growing instructions are meant to help you get started and are intended to be used in conjunction with information found on the website.
Note: some seed substitutions may apply based on seasonal availability