Growing Trifecta Mustard Power Blend Cover Crop Seeds - Mighty Mustard®
- Latin Names: Brassica juncea, Sinapis alba
- Seed Type: Annual
- Seeds Per Pound: 178,000 seeds/lb.
- Broadcast: 10-15 lbs/acre or .5 lbs per 1,000 square feet
- Days to Maturity: 4 - 12 weeks
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Benefits: Biomass provider, nutrient scavanger
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests/possible problems:
Kodiak, Pacific Gold and White Gold all contain very different glucosinolates. White Gold glucosinolates work to suppress weeds. Kodiak and Pacific Gold glucosinolates are biologically active against insects, some nematodes and fungal pathogens, such as sclerotinia and Verticilium wilt.
Mustard cover crops help significantly control pests because they contain a higher amount glucosinolate than other brassicas, and this chemical compound wards-of harmful insects, especially when the plant cells are ruptured when the plants are mowed down. Known for their rapid fall growth, Mustards makes a great weed suppressor because weeds don’t have a chance to take of the soil and grow. Mustard’s roots burrow deeper than other scavengers for nutrients, which also help ward-off soilborne pathogens. Expect about eighty percent soil coverage.
- Trifecta Mustard Seeds Power Blend by Mighty Mustard - Brassica juncea & Sinapis alba
- Non-GMO - Annual - Open Pollinated - High Germination Rate
- Seeds For: Farm & Garden Cover Crop
- Days to Full Maturity: -- 35-40 -- Annual -- USDA Hardiness Zone: Not Intened to Overwinter
- Mountain Valley Seed Company Brand - Premium Quality Seeds
Read more about Cover Crops: