Growing White Dutch Clover Cover Crop Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Trifolium repens
- Common Names: Ladino Clover, White Clover, Dutch Clover
- Clover Hardiness Zones: Perennial to zones 3-10, Annual cover crop use
- Days to Maturity: 70-90 Days
- White Dutch Clover Seeding Rate: 4-6 lb per acre
- Seed Planting Depth: Broadcast directly and tamp ½" deep
- Growth Habit: White Dutch clover seeds mature into a low-growing 6-8" tall groundcover with 4-5" tall allium-like blooms
- White Dutch Clover Soil Benefits: Replenishes nitrogen back into poor soils, roots break up heavy clay-dense soils to improve tilth, drainage, and weed suppression
- Grow Temp Preference: 40-75° F
- Garden Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/Diseases/Troubleshooting: Non-GMO Trifolium repens is a hardy cool-season cover crop annual with no serious pests or diseases
- Color: Lime green stems and leaves with freesia-white blooms
- White Dutch Clover Mow: When seeded as a cover crop, mow non-GMO clover before it goes to seed, mulching clover back into garden soil before sowing new crop
About White Dutch Clover Cover Crop Garden Seeds
Heirloom White Dutch clover seeds are traditionally grown as a cool-hardy cover crop broadcasted directly in early fall for spring tilling, but can be sown in spring as a summer companion plant. For traditional garden harvests or ornamental planting, sow 2-3 White Dutch clover cover crop seeds ½” deep and 2-3” apart in fertile, loamy, and well-drained garden soil in full sun. Annual White Dutch clover is a proven cover crop and will thrive in difficult and poor soils. Non-GMO White Dutch clover seeds germinate in 7-14 days with no thinning required. Heirloom Trifolium repens is a hardy cool-season cover crop annual with no serious pests or diseases. When seeded as a cover crop, mow non-GMO clover before it goes to seed, mulching clover back into garden soil before sowing new crop. Springtime reseeding of clover will help minimize weeds in the garden and grow space. Non-GMO White Dutch clover seed is popularly grown with ryegrass as both an effective companion plant and as nutritiously dense source of animal fodder.
White Dutch Clover Benefits
Non-GMO heirloom White Dutch clover is an upright perennial legume seeded as an annual cover crop for its thick, interwoven root system to break up tough soils while converting nitrgoen from the atmosphere back into the soil. White Dutch clover is one of the best living mulches to fortify your garden and is often sown in between other irrigated crops. Despite being a proven year-round cover crop, White Dutch clover seeds have also been traditionally grown for its medicinal and herbal properties, even supplemented for blood purification and prepared as an ointment used to treat gout. The clover plant itself is considered a survivalist plant because it is extremely dense in minerals and protein, along with sweet edible flowers.
Wholesale White Dutch Clover Cover Crop Seeds Per Package:
- 4 g packet - Approximately 735 Seeds
- 4 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 20,800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approximately 83,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 416,000 Seeds
Non-GMO White Dutch Clover cover crop seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.