Growing Pacific Gold Mustard Cover Crop Seeds - Mighty Mustard®
- Latin Name: Brassica juncea
- Seed Type: Annual
- Seeds Per Pound: 175,000 seeds/lb.
- Broadcast: 10-15 lbs/acre or .5 lbs per 1,000 square feet
- Days to Maturity: 4 - 12 weeks
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Benefits: Biomass provider, nutrient scavanger
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests/possible problems: N/A
Mustard cover crops help significantly control pests because they contain a higher amount glucosinolate than other brassicas, and this chemical compound wards-of harmful insects, especially when the plant cells are ruptured when the plants are mowed down. Known for their rapid fall growth, Mustards makes a great weed suppressor because weeds don’t have a chance to take of the soil and grow. Mustard’s roots burrow deeper than other scavengers for nutrients, which also help ward-off soilborne pathogens. Expect about eighty percent soil coverage.
- Pacific Gold Mustard Seeds by Mighty Mustard - Brassica juncea
- Non-GMO - Annual - Open Pollinated - High Germination Rate
- Seeds For: Farm & Garden Cover Crop
- Days to Full Maturity: -- 35-40 -- Annual -- USDA Hardiness Zone: Not Intened to Overwinter
- Mountain Valley Seed Company Brand - Premium Quality Seeds