Growing Cover Crop Mix Garden Seeds
- Hardiness Zones: Annual cover crop use
- Days to Maturity: Mixed varieties, 30-70 Days
- Cover Crop Mix Seeding Rate: 2-4 lb per 1000 sq. ft
- Seed Planting Depth: Broadcast directly and lightly rake and tamp ½" deep
- Cover Crop Mix Soil Benefits: Contains an annual open-pollinated blend of essential legumes, hardy grains, and brassicas to boost nitrogen content in the soil, improve tilth, erosion prevention, and weed suppression
- Grow Temp Preference: 40-65° F
- Garden Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/Diseases/Troubleshooting: Non-GMO Cover Crop Mix features a blend of cool-hardy legumes, hardy grains, and brassicas intended to grow in poor, depleted soils while not having any known insects or pests
- Cover Crop Mix Mow: Mow down crop 2-3 weeks prior to seeding a new seasonal crop so "green manure" can have time to decompose and prepare the garden bed. Mix can be sown in fall for spring mowing, or seeded in early spring for a quick summer mulching.
About Cover Crop Mix Garden Seeds
Like many legumes, non-GMO Cover Crop Mix seeds are intended to be broadcasted directly nearly any time of year for mulching back into the soil. Annual Cover Crop Mix garden seeds will have varying germination times from 3-21 days, quickly reaching maturity between 30-70 days depending on the variety. Non-GMO Cover Crop Mix features a blend of cool-hardy legumes intended to grow in poor, depleted soils while not having any known insects or pests. No need to endlessly search for the right cover crop for your garden because our Garden Cover Crop Seed Mix features some of the most popular and best-selling cultivars. Works for everything from small backyard gardens to large farm applications, an ideal no-till option for container gardening and raised beds.
Garden Cover Crop Mix Contents
|Austrian Field Pea||22.95%||Pisum sativum|
|Hard Red Winter Wheat
|Collard Green or Trophy Rape (Canola)*||7.95%||Brassica oleracea var. acephala|
|Daikon Radish||7.83%||Raphanus sativus|
|Hairy Vetch||7.92%||Vicia villosa|
|Crimson Clover||3.27%||Trifolium incarnatum|
|Frosty Berseem Clover or Medium Red Clover*||2.61%||Trifolium alexandrinum|
|Yellow Mustard||2.00%||Brassica hirta|
|Net Weight||50 lbs|
*These small substitutions may occur based on seed seasonality and availability. The performance of the mix remains consistent.
Non-GMO Cover Crop Mix Benefits
Cover crops are found to improve soils in several ways- by protecting existing soil, contributing organic material and nutrients, and keeping the soil alive year-round to ensure healthy composition. All of these elements were considered in compiling this carefully chosen cover crop seed blend. There are four legumes to set nitrogen in the soil, three hardy grains for rapid cover and bio-mass, a deep-rooted radish to help break up and aerate the soil, a mustard with natural insecticidal properties, and a great collard for forage and additional biomass. This cover crop seed blend is great for either fall or spring. Recommended to till the plants in before they bear seeds. If using a no-till method, cut down (scythe, string trimmer) before the crop goes to seed.
Cover Crop Mix garden seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.