Organic Triticale Grain - Sprouting Seed
- Seed Soak: 4-6 hours
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Days to Maturity: 3-4 Days
- Suitable Sprout Method: Tray, Sack, or Jar
- Flavor: Surprisingly sweet and chewy
- Popular Uses: Soups, Sandwiches, and Sprouted breads
- Nutrients: well-rounded presence of minerals, proteins, vitamins, fats, amino acids; and high lysine content.
Triticale is a hybrid of Wheat (Triticum) and Rye (Secale). Triticale seeds were developed as a hybrid less than a hundred years ago, bred in an effort to solve world hunger. Triticale is a little sweeter than wheat and can be sprouted, ground into triticale flour, or grown into triticale grass for juicing. Triticale is hardy, easy to sprout and grow and is very nutritious. Makes a great grain to store as emergency food storage.
Triticale grain is microbial tested and closely monitored to prevent the possibility of infectious or transmittable diseases to receptacles, such as trays, jars, or sacks.