Growing Blue Lake Pole FM1K (Treated) Pole Bean Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Other Names: string beans
- Days to Maturity: 50-70 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 3”
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Growth Habit: Vine (trellis recommended)
- Soil Preference: Loose soil, PH level of 6 to 7 preferred, cannot germinate in cold soil so best to sow in late spring
- Temp Preference: warmer
- Light Preference: full sun is required
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, spider mites, grasshoppers, slugs. Wet leaves can rot and disease can spread, so affected leaves need to be removed
- Color: Green
- Flavor: Juicy, crunchy consistency
Seeds will need loose and warm soil in full sun to germinate, so sow them after the final frost of the season has passed. Layer about an inch of soil over each one, making sure to keep at least 3 inches between plants and 18-24 inches between rows. They will need a trellis or some form of support to grow to their full potential. Water them often so that they don’t dehydrate from the heat of the sun. Beware of garden pests such as grasshoppers, spider mites, and slugs. AFter around 50-70 days, or when the pods are crisp and firm, they are ready for harvest. The beans inside should not yet be fully formed, but the pods should snap off of the vine relatively easily.
This variety is the treated version of the original Blue Lake Pole FM1K variety.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 100 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 400 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,600 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 8,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 40,000 Seeds