Growing Blue Lake Pole FM1K Pole Bean Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Other Names: String Beans
- Days to Maturity: 50-79
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 3”
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Growth Habit: Vine (trellis recommended)
- Soil Preference: Loose soil, PH level of 6 to 7 preferred, cannot germinate in cold soil so best to sow in late spring
- Temp Preference: warmer
- Light Preference: full sun is required
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, spider mites, grasshoppers, slugs. Wet leaves can rot and disease can spread, so affected leaves need to be removed
- Color: green
- Flavor: juicy, crunchy consistency
Sow seeds directly when the soil is warm and moist. Cover each seed with one inch of soil. These plants thrive in full sun, but be sure to water them often to ensure that they don’t wilt. Seeds can be sown in a single row or in widely spaced rows. Use a trellis or a pole to support their upright growth habit by placing it just next to where the seed is planted. After 50 to 80 days, pods will be ready for harvest. When it is time to pick the beans, the root can be pulled out of the ground to fully remove the plant, or pods can be picked off the vine individually.
Vines can grow up to 12 feet long! The more room they are given on their support the more potential they have to become expansive.
Seeds Per Package:
- 18 g - Approximately 60 Seeds
- 30 g - Approximately 100 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 400 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,600 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 8,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 40,000 Seeds