Growing Jade (Treated) Bush Bean Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Other Names: string beans
- Days to Maturity: 50-70 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 3”
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Growth Habit: mound/bush
- Soil Preference: Loose soil, PH level of 6 to 7 preferred, cannot germinate in cold soil so best to sow in late spring
- Temp Preference: warmer
- Light Preference: full sun is required
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, spider mites, grasshoppers, slugs. Wet leaves can rot and disease can spread, so affected leaves need to be removed
- Color: Rich green, the color it’s named after
- Flavor: juicy, crunchy consistency
These rich green pods are not difficult to grow in the home garden, they simply require plenty of sun and water! Sow seeds in rich and well drained soil with full sun. Keep rows at least 18 inches apart with plants 3 inches apart. These plants grow in a bush form, so they don’t need any kind of support like a pole or trellis. Water them often, making sure to only water the base of the plant, and not the leaves, as this can lead to disease. When the pods are between 3-5” long, they are ready for harvest. You will know that they are ready because they will be crisp enough to snap off of the plant, and beans inside will have started to form but will not yet be full size. It is recommended to harvest the pods individually, as they can decay on the plant after short amounts of time being over ripe.
This variety is the same as the original Jade Bush bean, but it is now improved with more resistance to diseases.
Seeds Per Package:
- 30 g Packet - Approximately 100 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately # Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,400 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 7,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 35,000 Seeds