Growing Jade Bush Bean Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Other Names: String Beans
- Days to Maturity: 50-70
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 3”
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Growth Habit: mound/bush
- Soil Preference: Loose soil, PH of 6-7, soil must be warm to germinate, grow in late spring
- Temp Preference: warmer
- Light Preference: full sun is required
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, spider mites, grasshoppers, slugs. Wet leaves can rot and disease can spread, so affected leaves need to be removed
- Color: rich green
- Flavor: juicy, crunchy
Sow seeds directly and in full sun. They need around an inch of moist warm soil over them. They will need lots of watering so that they don’t wilt in the full sun that they require. Keep seeds spaced out with four inches between plants and two feet between rows. When watering them, be sure not to get the plant itself too wet, as this may bring fungal diseases. This plant grows in a bush, so it doesn’t need any support to grow upright. Beans can be harvested when they reach full size, which is between 3-5”, and when they are tender and juicy. They should be able to be easily snapped off of the plant just above where they meet the vine. Harvest pods individually when they get to this point so that they don’t wilt on the plant. They grow rapidly, so make sure to watch them as they grow.
These pods are excellent for storage, and unlike many other storage beans, they are tender and juicy as well. They have a unique look with their jade green coloring.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 100 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 380 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,400 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 7,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 35,000 Seeds