Stir Fry is a go-to meal in my house. When we don’t have much time or energy to cook, we whip out stir fry. We use whatever veggies we have in our fridge or freezer. This homemade sauce can easily be tweaked to your own taste.
4 cups rice, cooked
4-5 cups sliced vegetables (ie carrots, broccoli, snap or snow peas, cauliflower, peppers, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, baby corn, etc)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1-2 Tbs ginger paste
- 1-2 Tbs sugar
- 1-2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbs corn starch
Instructions for sauce:
- Combine in a bowl all ingredients to taste except corn starch. Mix well to dissolve sugar.
- Add corn starch after other ingredients are well combined.
Instructions for stir fry:
- Over medium heat with 1-2 Tbs oil stir fry veggies until almost cooked through.
- Add sauce and stir to thoroughly coat vegetables.
- Cook until sauce is thickened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve cooked vegetables over rice.