I absolutely love tall houseplants. Practically having a tree in your home can affect you in ways you don’t think it would. Because of the relaxing and healing powers of nature, houseplants in general can improve your mood, focus, and productivity. For more information about this check out our blog post "Plants Improve Brain Function" and "Gardening Reduces Stress".
Having plants in your home can also create a relaxing and happy atmosphere. These tall houseplants are great options for creating a unique focal point in your interior design. The best part is they won’t clash with your design, no matter the style. Green plants are actually considered neutral in color when it comes to their use in interior design.
To select a plant that works for you consider the following list. We have organized some of our recommendations according to the difficulty in maintaining these plants. If you are starting with a younger plant that you are hoping to grow to a mature height, consider what you are going to feed it with.
We recommend using this FloraGro fertilizer. It is formulated to promote foliage and stem growth making it perfect for any houseplant. It can also be used on microgreens and herbs grown indoors.
- Pachira aquatica - Money tree 6-8 ft
- Dracaena fragrans - Corn Plant 12ft
- Dracaena trifasciata - Snake Plant 1-6 ft
- Chamaedorea seifrizii - Bamboo Palm 3-8ft
- Chamaedorea elegans - Parlor Palm 2-6 ft
- Ficus benghalensis - Ficus Audrey 5-10ft
- Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma - Mini Monstera 2-12ft trained
- Ficus elastica - Rubber Plant 3-10ft
- Strelitzia reginae - Bird of Paradise 4-10ft
- Ravenea rivularis - Majesty Palm 5-10ft
- Ficus benjamina - Weeping Benjamin Fig
- Schefflera actinophylla - Umbrella Plant 6-10ft
- Ficus lyrata - Fiddle Leaf Fig 5-10ft
- Alocasia - Elephants Ear 3-10+ft
- Monstera deliciosa - Monstera 8ft