Growing Zowie! Yellow Flame F1 Zinnia Garden Seeds
- Taxonomy: Zinnia elegans
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Both, but commit to either one or the other since zinnias grow heartily from seed. However, when growing zinnias indoors, consider the type and maximum height for your plants, since dwarf varieties may be more suitable for indoors than the State Fair Mix.
- Days to Maturity: 54 - 70 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 - 10
- Planting Depth: ¼”
- Plant Spacing: 24"
- Growth Habit: 24 – 29” tall shrub with 18 - 24" spread
- Soil Preference: Warm, moist, rich, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Cannot tolerate cold temperatures but, otherwise, very durable. Susceptible to powdery mildew, fungal spots, and aphids.
- Color: Sunburst orange petals with vibrant scarlets and pinks at the base
Zowie! Yellow Flame Zinnia Flower is easy to grow from seed and, as a native to the Mexican climate, ideal for gardens prone to heat and drought. Zowie! Yellow Flame's tall, radiant Zinnias will flourish several seasons up until the killing frost, attracting butterflies and important pollinators to your garden.
Native to Mexico, Central America, and parts of the American southwest. The genus zinnia honors German botanist Johann Gottfried Zinn, who is credited with the first writings of the flower before it was exported to Europe in the 1750's. Zinnias are widely known for attracting pollinating butterflies and providing colorful filler to empty patches of gardens. Zinnia elegans. Open pollinated seeds.