Growing Zahara Series Zinnia Flower Garden from Seeds
- Taxonomy: Zinnia marylandica
- Flower Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: For garden sowing indoors, sow 5 – 6 weeks before the final last date. Transplant to container or outdoors once two sets of true leaves have been established. For outside sowing, plant after final frost date, or until soil has warmed to about 72 degrees.
- Days to Maturity: 50 – 60 days
- Hardiness Zone: 9 – 11
- Seed Planting Depth: ¼”
- Zinnia Plant Spacing: 12 – 18"
- Growth Habit: 12 – 18” compact mound with 12 – 18” spread and 2½” blooms
- Soil Preference: Average, loamy, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun - Partial Shade
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Ideal for gardens prone to heat and drought conditions. Zahara Series Zinnias are renowned for their hardiness and ability to thrive where other novelty varieties can not. Selected as 2010 AAS Bedding Plant Winner for its superior disease resistance to leaf spot and mildew.
- Color: Mix, White, Yellow, Coral Rose, Fire, Double Fire, Double Cherry, and AAS award-winning Starlight Rose
- 1/4 oz - Approximately 977 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 3,906 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 15,624 Seeds
Zahara Series' Starlight Rose is a 2010 AAS Bedding Plant Winner and 2008 Fleuroselect Novelty Winner. AAS judges noted the Zahara Starlight Rose Zinnia for its “superior disease resistance to leaf spot and mildew result in long-lasting plants.” (AAS Review). You can buy all beautiful colors of Zahara Zinnias, including Double Cherry, and Double Fire Zinnia flower garden seeds online.