Growing State Fair Mix Zinnia Garden Seeds
- Taxonomy: Zinnia elegans
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Outdoors. Sow after the final frost date once the soil has reached a warm 70 degrees. State Fair Mix seeds can be grown indoors, but the large size and spread of a mature plant must be considered.
- Days to Maturity: 60 - 80 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 - 10
- Planting Depth: ½”
- Plant Spacing: 18"
- Growth Habit: 30 – 36” tall upright with a 12 – 18” spread and 5 - 6" fully double dahlia-like blooms
- Soil Preference: Moist, rich, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Very hardy and tolerant plant, but their height must be not be underestimated when incorporating into a flower bedding. State Fair Mix can easily cast a shadow over a garden if not planned properly. State Fair Mix is a tetraploid mix with higher resistance to disease, powdery mildew, and Alternaria.
- Color: Assorted scarlet, gold, lavender, purple, orange, pink, red, and yellow
For earliest blooms, sow State Fair Mix zinnia seeds indoors one month before the final frost date then transplant when there are two sets of true leaves. For outdoor sowing, plant State Fair Mix immediately after final frost date. State Fair Mix seeds can be grown indoors, but the large size and spread of a mature plant must be considered. Plant State Fair Mix zinnia seeds ½" deep and 18” apart in moist, rich, and well-drained soil with full sun. State Fair Mix zinnia seeds are a tetraploid mix with higher resistance to disease, powdery mildew, and Alternaria. However, the size of a mature plant must not be underestimated, as State Fair Mix seeds can easily grow to cast a garden in shadow if not properly planned. State Fair Mix zinnia seeds mature in 60 - 80 days as hardy 30 – 36” tall uprights with a 12 – 15” spread and bright 5 – 6” full double dahlia-like blooms of scarlet, gold, lavender, purple, orange, pink, red and yellow. State Fair Mix flowers will excite your garden and fresh cut floral displays from June up until the killing frost.
State Fair Mix seeds are the tallest variety of zinnias available, with some stalks reaching as high as 48". State Fair Mix seeds a tetraploid mix which means it has been bred to produce chromosomes enhancing its desirable traits such as bloom size, height, color, and resistance to common plant diseases, powdery mildew, and Alternaria.