Growing Profusion Series Zinnia Flowers from Seeds
- Taxonomy: Zinnia elegans x angustifolia
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: For earlier blossoms, start seeds indoors 5 – 8 weeks before transplanting outside. For outdoor sowing, plant immediately after final frost date.
- Days to Maturity: 54 - 70 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 10
- Seed Planting Depth: ¼”
- Zinnia Plant Spacing: 12 – 18"
- Growth Habit: 12 – 18” tall shrub 12 - 18" wide with dense 2½” blooms
- Soil Preference: Organic-rich, moist, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun - partial shade
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Ideal for flower gardens prone to heat and drought conditions. Water soil directly to avoid saturating foliage, which may cause mold and powdery mildew. Profusion Zinnias flowers are noted by AAS judges for their resistance to disease and pests.
- Color: Orange, Yellow, Coral Pink, Cherry, Double Hot Cherry, Fire, Double Fire, White, Double White, Double Deep Salmon, Double Gold, Deep Apricot, and Double Mix or Seven Color Mix
Profusion Series Zinnia seeds are one of the most decorated and award-winning of all Zinnias:
- Profusion Red 2018 AAS Flower Winner
- Profusion Double Hot Cherry 2014 Fleuroselect Gold Medal and Novelty Winner
- Profusion Double Hot Cherry AAS 2013 Bedding Plant Winner
- Profusion Double Deep Salmon 2013 AAS Bedding Plant Winner
- Profusion Double Deep Salmon 2011 Fleuroselect Novelty Winner
- Profusion White 2001 AAS Flower Winner
- Profusion White 2001 Fleuroselect Gold Medal and Novelty Winner
- Profusion Orange 1999 AAS Flower Winner
- Profusion Cherry 1999 Fleuroselect Gold Medal Winner and Novelty Winner
- Profusion Cherry 1999 AAS Gold Flower Winner
Buy Zinna Profusion Series flower seeds online.