Growing Pop Art Golden & Red Zinnia from Seeds
- Taxonomy: Zinnia elegans
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: For indoor use, sow one month before the final frost date then transplant to container or pot once two sets of true leaves have been established. For outdoor sowing, plant after final frost date, or until soil has warmed to 70 degrees.
- Days to Maturity: 54 - 63 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 - 10
- Seed Planting Depth: ¼”
- Zinnia Plant Spacing: 12"
- Growth Habit: 24” – 32” tall shrub with a 12” spread and fully double blooms
- Soil Preference: Warm, moist, rich, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Pop Art Golden & Red Zinnias can only withstand lows of about 60 degrees. Like other Zinnias, Pop Art Golden & Red is susceptible to powdery mildew from poor ventilation and/or saturation.
- Color: Golden blooms with “pop art” flecks of splattered red
Seeds Per Package:
- 1/4 oz - Approximately 977 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 3,906 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 15,624 Seeds
The Pop Art Golden & Red Zinnia is a hybrid flower named for its striking similarity to artwork from the Pop Art Movement that emerged during the 1950's. The lawless, yet complex and beautiful patterns of the red on gold most notably resemble the work of early Pop Art pioneer Jackson Pollock and his notorious “drip paintings.” The Pop Art Golden & Red Zinnia is a winner of the 2011 Fleuroselect Novelty Award. These award-winning Pop Art Golden & Red Zinnia seeds grow to 24 – 32” tall and are sure to attract all sorts of attention to your garden. Pop Art Golden & Red Zinnia Flowers are long-lasting, one-of-a-kind, and easy to grow from seed. Zinnia elegans. Buy Pop Art Zinnia Flower Seeds Online.