Growing Magellan Series Zinnia Flowers from Seeds
- Taxonomy: Zinnia elegans
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Excellent for indoor containers or gardens prone to heat and drought. For earliest blooms, sow seeds indoors one month before the final frost date then transplant when there are two sets of true leaves. For outdoor sowing, plant immediately after final frost date.
- Days to Maturity: 55 – 60 days
- Hardiness Zone: 10 – 11
- Seed Planting Depth: ¼”
- Zinnia Plant Spacing: 18"
- Growth Habit: 12 – 18” bushy upright 18" wide with huge 5 – 6” blooms
- Soil Preference: Average, loamy, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Magellan Series flowers are more tolerant to pests and mildews because they thrive in a much hotter heartiness zone than some other Zinnias flowers. No known habitual pests or diseases.
- Color: Mixed, cherry, pink, orange, ivory, yellow, scarlet, and AAS award-winning coral
Seeds Per Package:
- 1/4 oz - Approximately 977 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 3,906 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 15,624 Seeds
Zinnia Magellan Series Coral is a 2005 All-America Selections (AAS) Flower Winner for its “brilliant coral petals,” “consistent flower production,” and “earliness to bloom.” All-America Selections is an independent non-profit organization committed to award-winning flowers and vegetables. Buy Magellan Zinnia Flower Seeds Online.