Growing Dreamland Mixture Zinnia Flowers from Seeds
- Taxonomy: Zinnia elegans
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: For indoor use, sow seeds one month before the final frost date then transplant to container once two sets of true leaves have been established. For outdoor sowing, plant seeds after final frost date.
- Days to Maturity: 50 – 60 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 10
- Seed Planting Depth: ¼”
- Zinnia Plant Spacing: 9 – 12"
- Growth Habit: 10 – 12” dwarf shrubs with 9 - 12" spread and 3 – 4” dahlia-like blooms
- Soil Preference: Moist, warm, well-drained soil
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Susceptible mildew, so trim and minimize wet foliage. Very tolerant to pests and disease.
- Color: Assorted ivory, scarlet, pink, coral, apricot, canary, rose, and crimson
Seeds Per Package:
- 1/4 oz - Approximately 977 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 3,906 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 15,624 Seeds
Zinnia flowers, in general, are native to Mexico, Central America, and parts of the American southwest. The genus Zinnia honors the name of German botanist Johann Gottfried Zinn. Dreamland Mixture Zinnia Flowers are known for their early flowers, dwarf stems, and are even known to thrive in gardens as far north as Minnesota. Dreamland Mixture Zinnia flower seeds are early to bloom and grow tidy 10 – 12” dwarfed zinnias boasting dense 4” blooms just two weeks after that. Dreamland Mixture Zinnias are one of the easiest annuals to grow from seeds and known to thrive in several diverse gardens across the United States.