Growing Dahlia Flowered Mix Zinnia Flowers from Seeds
- Taxonomy: Zinnia elegans
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: For earlier blossoms, start seeds indoors 4 – 5 weeks before transplanting outside. For outdoor sowing, plant seeds immediately after final frost date.
- Days to Maturity: 90 – 100 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 10
- Seed Planting Depth: ¼”
- Zinnia Plant Spacing: 10 - 12"
- Growth Habit: 30 – 40” tall shrub 10 - 12" wide and huge 4 – 5” fully-doubled blooms
- Soil Preference: Rich, moist, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Ideal for gardens prone to heat and drought conditions. Water soil directly to avoid saturating foliage, which may cause mold and powdery mildew. Dahlia Flowered Mix Zinnias are deer resistant and tolerant against many pests and diseases.
- Color: Assorted gold, scarlet, orange, green, rose, fuchsia, canary, purple, and coral
Spanish botanists Mocino and Sesse are credited with documenting the first botanical records of Zinnias in 1789, discovering many varieties thriving in the arid and thirsty Mexican climate. However, the genus Zinnia is homage to German botanist Johann Gottfried Zinn, who was among the first to cultivate and breed the flower. Buy tall Dahlia Flowered Mix Zinnia flower seeds online.