Growing Crystal Series Zinnia Garden Seeds
- Taxonomy: Zinnia angustifolia
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Both. Since this is a smaller variety, indoor flower pots and containers would be ideal, as well as around the edging and bedding of a garden.
- Days to Maturity: 50 – 55 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 12
- Planting Depth: ¼”
- Plant Spacing: 9 – 12"
- Growth Habit: 8 – 10” dwarfed bedding shrub with 9 - 12" spread
- Soil Preference: Warm, moist, rich, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests: Its tolerance to pests and severe weather is matched by it tolerance to powdery mildew and other common diseases that affect Zinnia elegans.
- Color: Peach, canary, and ivory
Whether planting Crystal Series zinnia seeds indoors or out, be sure to sow after the last frost in your region has passed. Crystal Series zinnia seeds require warm, rich, and well-drained soil with full sun. Once your flower pot or garden is prepared, sow your Crystal Series zinnia seeds ¼" deep and plant 9 – 12” apart. Your Crystal Series zinnias can tolerate a low of about 60 degrees at night, so be sure to give your plant full sun during the day. Crystal Series zinnia seeds mature in 50 - 55 days as 8 – 10” dwarfed shrubs with a 9 - 12" spread and your choice of canary, peach, or ivory-colored blooms.
Crystal Series is a 1997 All-American Select (AAS) Bedding Plant Winner for its being “highly tolerant of powdery mildew” and “excellent length of blooming season.”