When compared to perlite, vermiculite holds more water and nutrients than perlite, and is ideal for most plants, especially those that are less tolerant to underwatering. While vermiculite does provide aeration, it doesn't aerate as well as perlite. Vermiculite is also believed to help plants take up nutrients in the soil more easily. Use up to 50 percent vermiculite in your potting mix. Vermiculite is very popular with container gardeners and is a great additive planters or indoor plant pots.
- PURE HORTICULTURAL GRADE VERMICULITE - Each Bag is 8 Quarts and ~2.5 lbs - Fine Grade Coarseness (granule size slightly larger than sand) - Mountain Valley Seed Company Brand
- SOIL ADDITIVE - Add to any potting mix for seed starting and long term growth of plants - Helps plants access and take up nutrients more easily - Great for hydroponics and seed starts
- IMPROVES SOIL WATER HOLDING CAPACITY - Holds on to water and nutrients to make them available to roots longer. Perfect for outdoor container and hanging basket gardening where there is high water loss due to evaporation and heat - Won't degrade, rot or mold
- IMPROVES SOIL AERATION - Aerates soils for healthier roots, Loosens compacted soil and helps keep soil from compacting
- NON-TOXIC - Vermiculite is a silicate of magnesium, aluminum and iron - All natrual, sterile, odorless - pH of 7 (neutral) - Can be used as a substitute for sand and as a hydroponic medium