Growing Hybrid Jet Star Tomato Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Solanum lycopersicum
- Other Names: Jet Star
- Days to Maturity: 72 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Plant Spacing: 48”
- Row Spacing: 4’
- Growth Habit: Vine, inderterminate
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 80℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Blight, hornworm
- Color: Red
- Flavor: Low acid, firm, meaty
Hybrid Jet Star Tomato Growth Habits:
Tomatoes are best started indoors. Put seeds under ½” under the soil. Put outside when temperatures are in the 80’s. Indeterminate tomatoes form vines, so Hybrid Jet Star Tomato will benefit from a cage or a trellis. Fruits will be 7 to 9 ounces when fully grown, and plants are prolific.
Various Uses for Hybrid Jet Star Tomato:
Hybrid Jet Star Tomatoes are perfect for a variety of uses. This is the tomato that graces farmstands each summer. Perfect for slicing, canning, and throwing into a salad. Jet Stars are considered to be low on acid and higher in sugar. So they are an extra sweet treat that stays firmer for longer. This tomato is popular for a reason.
Hybrid Jet Star Tomato Benefits:
Hybrid Jet Star Tomatoes are full of nutritional benefits. These tomatoes are full of lycopene which has been proven to lower rates of cancer and heart disease. Tomatoes are also full of vitamins C and K. These nutrients are essential for living a long life. Vitamin A in tomatoes can be beneficial to improving eyesight. Finally, tomatoes are an anti-inflammatory food that can help the cardiovascular system.
This is the perfect indeterminate low-acid tomato.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds