Growing Organic Hillbilly Tomato Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Solanum Lycopersicum
- Other Names: Hillbilly Tomato
- Days to Maturity: 90 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 30-48”
- Row Spacing: 3-4’
- Growth Habit: Upright, indeterminate
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 75℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, brown stink bugs
- Color: Yellow, with red-orange ribs
- Flavor: Sweet, low- acid
Organic Hillbilly Tomato Growth Habits:
Indeterminate tomatoes seem just to grow and grow, so give them space. Start indoors, and plant underneath ¼” of soil. Transplant outdoors when it is warmer than 75℉. Make sure to make room for supports. You will see tomatoes develop in a yellow-orange color with vivid streaks of red and pink.
Various Uses for Organic Hillbilly Tomato:
Organic Hillbilly Tomato is a perfect slicing beefsteak tomatoes. Slice and put onto a slice of bread with a swipe of mayo and little salt and pepper. This is a perfect tomato for sandwiches. Put it on your hoagies this summer. Finally, slice this tomato and serve it with basil and fresh mozzarella for a Caprese salad.
Organic Hillbilly Tomato Benefits:
Tomatoes are a good food choice for lowering blood pressure and cholesterol due to vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B, and potassium. This can prevent heart attacks, strokes, and other heart issues. Lycopene is a prevalent antioxidant in tomatoes, and this antioxidant is believed to prevent the development of types of cancer.
Organic Hillbilly Tomatos are an heirloom variety from West Virginia.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds