Growing Non-GMO Autumn Beauty Mix Sunflower Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Helianthus annuus
- Hardiness Zone: Annual 2-11
- Days to Maturity: 90-100
- Days to Germination: 7-10
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 8-15"
- Row Spacing: 8-15"
- Plant Height: 30-48"
- Growth Habit: 3–4' tall bushy upright with 4–5” giant semi-double blooms
- Soil Preference: Moist, enriched, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 65-90 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Autumn Beauty Mix Sunflower Color: Assortment of rose, gold, red, pink, canary, coral, orange, scarlet
- Pests and Diseases: Monitor regularly for caterpillars, but no serious pests or diseases
How to Grow Autumn Beauty Mix Sunflowers from Seed
Autumn Beauty Mix sunflower seeds are recommended solely for outdoor growth because of their 60”+ height. Plants grow so vigorously that there is little reason to start seed indoors. Sow Autumn Beauty seeds directly after final frost in a sunny spot at the north end of the garden and sheltered from strong winds. Always plant tall sunflowers at the north end of a garden because it will not take long for a garden to be cast in season-long shadow if not properly planned.
Autumn Beauty sunflowers may need staking if plants are grown isolated and away from the support of a garden. Plant 2–3 Autumn Beauty sunflower seeds 1” deep and 8” apart in average, loamy, and well-drained soil in full sun. Adjust staking and wind protection as plants mature. Autumn Beauty sunflowers are vigorous garden performers and require minimal care. Monitor regularly for caterpillars, but Autumn Beauty Mix sunflowers have no serious pests or disease.
Autumn Beauty Mix Sunflowers in the Vegetable Garden
Autumn Beauty sunflower seeds mature in 90–110 days as 60” tall bushy uprights with green 8–12” spreads and tall 8” wide bicolored heads bursting with a mix of bronze, golden, purple, mahogany, and yellow sunburst petals.
Helianthus annuus is native to the prairies, plains, and meadows of western North America including temperate regions of Canada and Mexico. Many Native American tribes would traditionally plant sunflowers on the north end of their gardens as the "fourth sister" to their famously efficient “three sisters” staple crops of corn, beans, and squash.
About Autumn Beauty Mix Sunflower Seeds
Helianthus annuus. (90-100 Days).
An eye-popping mix of sunflowers in warm shades of yellow, orange, bronze and crimson.
These sunflowers are multi-branched plants. An excellent tall border in flower and vegetable gardens.
Blooms are strong-stemmed and 5-6" across making them an excellent choice for cut flowers.
Sunflowers need full sun and well-drained soils.
Autumn Beauty Mix Sunflower Seeds Per Package:
- 4 g - Packet - Approximately 240 Seeds
- 1 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 1,700 Seeds
- 4 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approximately 27,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk - Approximately 136,000 Seeds
Non-GMO Autumn Beauty Mix sunflower seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.