Growing Summer Squash Italian Striped Zucchini Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita Pepo
- Other Names: Summer squash, courgettes, Italian Squash
- Days to Maturity: 55 days
- Planting Depth: 1 - 1 1/2” deep
- Plant Spacing: 24-36"’
- Row Spacing: 3-4'
- Growth Habit: 3’ tall - Bushy
- Soil Preference: Well-watered, compost, rotted manure - pH 5.6 - 7.0
- Temp Preference: WARMER – Lowest Temperature 40° to 50°F (4° to 10°C)
- Light Preference: Full Sun = 6 - 8 hours daily
- Pests/diseases: Withstands powdery mildew and Mosaic viruses
- Color: Light green-grey
- Flavor: Tender and full of flavor
- 4 g - Approximately 33 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 920 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 3,680 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 18,400 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 92,000 Seeds
Sow about 45 days before the last frost. For transplanting two weeks after the last frost is recommended. Zucchini Italian Striped is a high-volume producer. Space 3-6’after thinning. Gorgeous blossoms and vines appear very early and adorn gardens. Frequent picking stimulates growth to last all year long. Younger, tender zucchinis are more flavorful; pick several times weekly.
High measures of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, Vitamins A, C; and other vitamins and minerals make zucchini a healthy choice. They store well for pickling and freezing, but will last up to three days in the refrigerator; incomparable when juiced along with carrots; shred for use in making lasagna, ratatouille, and bread.