Growing Golden Glory Zucchini Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita Pepo
- Other Names: Summer squash, courgettes
- Days to Maturity: 53 days
- Hardiness Zone: 1” deep
- Planting Depth: 12” apart
- Row Spacing: 3- 4’
- Growth Habit: 26” tall and bushy
- Soil Preference: Well-watered, moist, mulch - pH 5.6 - 7.5
- Temp Preference: Warmer – adaptable to most climates
- Light Preference: Full Sun = 6 - 8 hours daily
- Pests/diseases: Resistant to most
- Color: Gold-yellowish with dark green stems
- Flavor: Mild, buttery and tender
Cultivating this high-yielding, easy-to-grow, vigorous crop is effortless; simple harvesting is another appealing trait of this delicate squash which has little or no spikes. When seeds are sown tightly and compacted together it promotes a plentiful harvest.
Intense yellow-gold color with contrasting green stems adds sparkle to farmers’ stands and commercial supermarkets display. Notable for A, B and C vitamins, dietary fiber, carotenoid which contains beta-carotene sharpens vision. Used in sweet and savory cuisine, the possibilities are endless. Refrigeration for five days is adequate to maintain freshness.