Certified Organic Spelt - Certified Organic Sprouting Seeds
- Soak: 6-8 Hours
- Difficulty: Easy
- Days to Maturity: 4-8 Days
- Suitable Sprout Method: Tray, Sack, or Jar
- Flavor: Fresh and sweet and spicy
- Popular Uses: Soups, Sandiches, and Salads
- Nutrients: Vitamins B, C, and K, folic acid, and fiber
Spelt Grain is a prehistoric species of grain related to wheat. The seed grain itself looks like a grain of wheat, only quite a bit larger. Spelt grain contains a broader spectrum of nutrients than regular wheat. It does contain gluten, but seems to cause less sensitivities in some people who are intolerant of wheat.
Spelt flour and baked goods have a more robust flavor than regular wheat. Spelt grain is very popular for sprouting, and Spelt can be grown into a grass and juiced just like wheatgrass.
Additional Easy Sprouting information: