Salsify Seeds - Scorzonera Black Root
Salsify is a cool-season crop best sown direct in early spring or early fall. Like many root vegetables, salsify does not transplant well and should be directly sown. Plant 3-4 seeds ½” deep and 4-6” apart in organic, well-tilled, and well-drained soil in full sun. Salsify seeds are known for slower germination in 14-28 days, even slower maturity of 100-130 days. Soil must be well-tilled 12” deep for carrot-like root to grow unobstructed.
- Seed Variety: Salsify Seeds - Scorzonera Black Root
- Latin Name: Scorzonera hispanica
- Days to Maturity:100 to 130 Days to Full Maturity - Perennial in Zones 6-9. Can be grown as an annual in the USA.
- Germination Rate: High – Open Pollinated
- Seeds for:Farm & Garden Vegetable Seeds
- Seed Quality: Non-GMO - Heirloom - Premium Seeds
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g - Approximately 425 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 12,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 48,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 192,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 960,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 4,800,000 Seeds
Mountain Valley Seed Company Brand - Independently Family Owned & Operated Small Seed Company - Premium Quality Seeds